Beer Journal

A quasi-daily examination of beer and things related to beer.

Monday, November 01, 2004

Sand Creek English Style Special Ale

Style: English Style Ale
Brewer: Sand Creek Brewing Company
Location: Black River Falls, Wisconsin, USA
Web: www.sandcreekbrewing.com
Alcohol:

Aside from obvious connotations, I'm not too sure as to what makes something an English Style Ale. As I imagined, this beer is very plain tasting at first mouthfeel, with only a sharp bitter flavor at the end. That flavor lasts for a few moments, providing a sort of sour feel.

For the most part, it tastes like flavored water. Really. Come to think of it, that's pretty much exactly how I've heard most English style ales described, so there I go.

What makes this drink exceptionally significant is the fact that it is the first beer I am rating from my newly joined beer of the month club. A comprehensive analysis of the alcohol-by-mail experience will be unveiled at a later date.

Rating: 5.0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home